| Rumor and speculation alert!|
This article contains pre-season information including spoilers and overviews, and is subject to change by the time of broadcast. Please ensure all added information is from reliable sources. See Manual of Style: Canon.
|Created by|| Tom Hardy |
|Written by||Steven Knight|
|Directed by||To Be Released|
|Starring||To Be Released|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Producer(s)|| Tom Hardy |
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)|| Scott Free Productions |
Hardy Son & Baker
|Original network(s)||BBC One (UK); FX (US)|
|Next||S3 (to be renewed)|
Season Two is the upcoming second season of Taboo, scheduled to broadcast on BBC One and FX, respectively, for the viewers of the UK and US.
OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS TO BE RELEASED — After the drawn-out and bloody gunfight in London’s docks, Delaney and his rag-tag crew manage to sail off towards America on a boat full of gunpowder and dreams.
- Official cast list to be revealed. Listed above those who sailed toward Portugal in season one's finale. 
- Tom Hardy as James Delaney
- Jessie Buckley as Lorna Bow
- Stephen Graham as Atticus
- Tom Hollander as George Cholmondeley
- Edward Hogg as Michael Godfrey
- Louis Serkis as Robert
- Scroobius Pip as French Bill
- Tallulah Rose Haddon as Pearl
Despite the BBC saying ‘no decision’ has been made about another run for the dark drama, star and creator Hardy thinks differently. When he and co-creator Steven Knight sat down with Entertainment Weekly, the pair teased there’s some ‘explosive’ stuff in store for Tom’s character James Delaney. 
Asked about season two being "the birth of a nation," Knight said: "I think we don’t talk about that. In my mind, explosive stuff is going to happen, which will be great, should it happen. There’s a great destination for it, but I don’t know if we’re in a position to talk about the actual details of it."
Hardy added: "We’re onto the next stage. The key really is Colonnade. When he says, “We are Americans,” James is very ambiguous with how much information he’s going to give. In his mind, you will know when the time is right." 
So far no date has been set for the second season of the drama, with Knight warning that the eight-episode nature of the show involves a lot of work. 
Producer Ridley Scott added: "We’re thrilled people want to know what happens next and that the BBC and FX are up for more adventures with the devil Delaney and the league of the damned." 
Writer Steven Knight said: "James Delaney will continue to explore many realities as he takes his band of misfits to a new world, thanks to FX and the BBC, partners who could not be more suited to collaborating in ground breaking work." 
The new eight-part season was commissioned by Charlotte Moore, Director of BBC Content and Piers Wenger, Controller of BBC Drama. It will be produced by Scott Free London and Hardy Son & Baker for BBC One and FX with Sonar Entertainment distributing worldwide outside the UK. Executive producers are Scott and Kate Crowe for Scott Free, Tom Hardy and Dean Baker for Hardy Son & Baker, and Knight. 
Piers Wenger, head of drama at the BBC, said season two promises something "daring and different." 
Speaking to Knight about series four of Peaky Blinders, which began filming in March, he told to Den of Geek! that he is currently writing series two of Taboo. "I'm just doing it now. I'm trying to write it as quickly as I can". The earliest we might expect to see the new series will be well into 2018, by the looks of it. Knight told: "I would say we would hope to be shooting it — I don’t know whether this is supposed to be secret or not — early next year."
Steven Knight, who also pens the international hit Peaky Blinders, tells HuffPost UK that the show will comprise "three series and out". He explains: "I can feel the three acts. The first was ‘the escape’. The second will be ‘the journey’ and the third will be ‘the arrival’, and that’ll be it. I don’t think the story will be what viewers are expecting, but hopefully, they’ll enjoy it." The second series, already commissioned, follows the story after James Delaney (Hardy) leaves London, but will remain as dark, and probably violent, as the first. Steven is emphatic that the violence isn’t gratuitous but grounded in the reality of the era. 
- No date has yet been set for the season premiere, nor have they started shooting for the second season. As soon as there will be information about it, it will be added accordingly.
- According to Knight, shooting for the second season may begin in early 2018.
- The second season of Taboo will consist of eight episodes as well.
- On June 6, 2017, Tom Hardy released a series of promotional images on his personal Instagram account, SonofHorace1814. The images represent the ace of spades in playing cards, skewered by skulls and a crow on a shield, with the Latin motto "Qui Scio, Scire". 
- One of the photos is accompanied by numbers 3/7/9, a possible reference to the release date of the second season. Depending on whether the abbreviation follows British English or American English, it may indicate July 3rd, 2019, or March 7th, 2019, respectively.
- The images are accompanied by the following text: "Delaney is the Knight. The Day becomes a stormy tempest, And when the Queen rises The Flags will burn. The children grown Shall run across the sky and tear a hole across the coutments Burn Fire" 
- Other photos have the following captions along with some emoticons: "3 is not absolute the offspring of Horace resolute beware the reckoning"; "Burn all of them"; "Delaney is dead 💀"; "There are others...☠️💀🏔🌠🌕 beware the Knight who jests"; "Delaney's Journey is not the only Taboo... 💀💎🏔🌕".
- Characters Lorna Bow (Jessie Buckley), Atticus (Stephen Graham) and Dr George Cholmondeley (Tom Hollander) will return having sailed away with Delaney at the end. Zilpha, played by Oona Chaplin, will not return after ending her life in the season one finale. Jonathan Pryce, who starred as Sir Stuart Strange fell victim to a letter bomb, but as a body was never shown, could he have survived? 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Season Two: Who will be in the cast with Tom Hardy?
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Tom Hardy says there will be a Taboo series 2 – and it'll be "explosive
- ↑ Tom Hardy sorta maybe confirms Taboo season 2: ‘We’re onto the next stage’
- ↑ When does Taboo season 2 start?
- ↑ Tom Hardy Drama ‘Taboo’ Renewed For Season 2 By BBC One & FX
- ↑ Taboo series 2: creator hopes to start filming "early next year"
- ↑ Huffingtonpostuk- ‘Taboo’ Writer Plans ‘Two More Series And Out’ Of Tom Hardy Dark Period Drama
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Tom Hardy has released mysterious promotional pictures on Instagram